- Address: 8 St Thomas Walk
- City: River Valley
- Tenure: Freehold
- Zip/Postal Code: 238113
- Neighborhood: CCR
- Country: Singapore
Facts and Features
8 SAINT THOMAS PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
Little background About 8 Saint Thomas
||8 Saint Thomas
||Bukit Sembawang Estates Limited
||8 Saint Thomas Walk Singapore 238146
||TBA (Click Here For More)
|Developer Sales Hotline
|Est Indicative Selling Price Range
||TBA (Click Here For More)
||1, 2, 3 and 4-bedroom Apartments & Penthouse
|No of Units
|No of Blocks
|No of Storey
||35 and 36 Storeys
|8 Saint Thomas Project Highlights
8 Saint Thomas was sitting on two plots formerly named as Airview Towers + Chez Bright Apartment, which Bukit Sembawang Estates have successful acquired. 8 Saint Thomas is a freehold development with its superb ideal location and infrastructure, it will be a high end development that most home owners and investors would not miss it.
DATA ON THE TENDER
- Bukit Sembawang View Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of Bukit Sembawang Estates was successful and won the tender for the freehold on St Thomas Walk 2 and .10
- The developer won with a bid of $202.17 million.
- The site has a land area of 5,877.4 square metres, which translate into a gross floor area (GFA) of about 18,102 sq m .
- Making a quick analysis on the data of the winning tender, it can be roughly calculated that the land has a cost of $1,141 per square foot (using a 2.8 plot ratio.)
This development represents an exciting opportunity. With the sale of Airview Towers brokered by DTZ Debenham Tie Leung. Bukit Sembawang Estates Limited plans to build a 36-storey condominium which combines this site with it’s neighbour Chez Bright which they had acquired last year. This makes the site significantly large, being able to boast 9,073.4 sq m with GFA of 27,050 sq m. When combining the 2 purchases of land, the estimated price of $880 psf ppr.
Bukit Sembawang Estates Limited have designed a high-end development that constitutes 219 unit over two blocks, One block rising to 35 storeys and the second 36 storeys. They will offer a choice of high-quality units ranging from one bedroom to four bedroom units and a collection of penthouse condominiums.
The development is well located, being close to Somerset Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station. It’s also extremely close to Orchard Road, the most popular retail and entertainment area of Singapore. A stone’s throw away is the popular Mohamed Sultan Road offering a variety of eateries and entertainment. Additionally, it is well connected to other areas of Singapore such as the Central Business District.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
DEVELOPER OF 8 SAINT THOMAS – BUKIT SEMBAWANG ESTATES LIMITED
AMENITIES AROUND THE 8 SAINT THOMAS
- Regardless of whether you’re searching for a home for you or your family, or you’re looking for a property investment opportunity, researching the experience and reputation of the developer is a significant step when deciding on a development that is worthy of your financial investment. You need to make sure the developers are going to deliver on the plan, with the level of quality and finishing you should expect. And importantly, they are financially stable, you need to feel they are fit to maintain the block for the lifetime of freehold.
- The developer Bukit Sembawang have a long and rich history. Back in 1911, they started operating as a rubber company becoming one of the leading rubber companies before diversifying into property development by the 1950s. In 1968 the company was incorporated as a public-listed company that’s main business was property development and property investment.
- They have been property developing for over half a century and can boast some of Singapore’s most well-known residential properties as part of their property portfolio. Their properties include developments in Seletar Hills that total 2,500 homes, developments in Sembawang Hills that have 1,000 homes plus another 500 locations across Singapore.
- The company is one of the jewels of the property development community with numerous awards for their developments. They are exactly the kind of company homeowners would want to invest in. They are established, professional and respected and delivered the highest quality residential condominiums time and time again.
For many, a huge benefit will the prime location of the complex, being near Orchard Road. However, the locale of the development site is equally well established offering the kind of facilities that help to make life comfortable.
Well located, Somerset MRT is a little over 5 minutes walk away meaning you are very well connected to the rest of Singapore, ideal for work and leisure time. Equally, just a few more minutes walk you’ll have Great World MRT and Havelock MRT. If you prefer to take the bus the Airview Twr is just 1 minute away.
A few minute’s walk away Mandarin Gallery offers a truly superb retail experience with an abundance of food offerings. NTUC Fair Price is a short walk away with a handful of marts for your convenience. The area has 3 primary schools nearby. River Valley Primary, St. Margaret’s primary and Anglo-Chinese School. All a mile or less in distance from the development site.
ORCHARD ROAD FOR RESIDENTS OF 8 SAINT THOMAS
The Orchard area
There’s more to Orchard Road than retail therapy and tourism, as Muneerah Bee explores.
For many, Orchard is the Mecca of shopping not just in Singapore but perhaps in Asia. But it’s also a home to thousands of families thanks to the scattering of primary residences and has been home to Singaporeans since the 1860s.
Orchard Road stretches 2.5km from Tanglin Road (Orange Grove Road) to Dhoby Ghaut and originally got its name from the orchards and plantations that were existence up until the start of the 20th century.
Living in and around the Orchard area offers you access to an abundance of amenities. Its central location makes travel around Singapore quick and easy and you get that feeling of being “in the heart or the city” with all that hustle bustle that comes with it. You’ll never want for shopping malls, restaurants, hotels and entertainment like cinemas and theatres.
The URA’s Orchard Road Planning Area includes a number of residential projects to have an ‘injection of live-in population “ that helps to add to that vibrancy of the area and affords the area a 24 hour energy. The heart of the city that never sleeps.
The area is supported by Orchard MRT station on the North-South Line, additionally, there are plans for increased connections thanks to Orchard Boulevard station on the new Thomson line which will serve the district’s homes around the Cuscaden Road and Grange Road area.
Equally the area enjoys good road links thanks to it’s proximity to the Central Island Expressway (CTE) which makes accessing the Central Business District particularly easy. You’re also able to access other ‘downtown’ areas.
The Orchard Road area can also boast of being home to some high-profile embassies. Including the Japanese, Thai and Irish embassies. For this reason, there are several international schools including
With several international schools such as Overseas Family School, ISS International School (elementary and middle school) and Chatsworth International School,
NOTABLE DEVELOPMENTS IN THE AREA
Homes on the Orchard Road are able to boast of being Singapore’s premier location. As with everything that’s considered premium, prices are normally at a higher premium.
Examples of high-end developments in the area:
- Scotts Square developed and owned by Wheelock properties. It’s a high-end condominium launched in March 2011, they are reported as having been sold at an average price of roughly $3,710 psf. The freehold consists of two 35 and 43 storey towers with 80,000 sq ft of retail space. The condominiums offer a variety of one, two and three bedroom units.
- Another notable mention is the 158-unit freehold condominium, the Vermont on Cairnhill. Launched in the June 2014, prices averaged out at $2,500 psf also built by Bukit Sembawang Estates.
There are some great examples of upper market developments in the region but housing is limited. That’s one of the main factors that make this future development so attractive to buyers and investors. They are taking an aged development, built into the 1980’s and replacing it with a visually elegant twin block condominium that’s going to add some pizazz to the Singapore’s skyline.
QUICK SUMMARY FOR 8 SAINT THOMAS BUYERS
- The sale of the St Thomas Walk Airview Towers offers a really exciting opportunity for investors or future homeowners who are keen to take advantage of living in a location such as the district around Orchard Road.
- The site was put out to tender with the winning bid of $202.17 million coming from the well-respected developer BUKIT Sembawang Estates through their subsidiary Bukit Sembawang View Pte Ltd.
- The developers purchased the neighbouring site Chez Bright and plan to combine the two sites to create one massive site of 9,073.4 sq m with GFA of 27,050 sq m.
- The plan is to develop high-end condominiums of 219 units over 2 blocks of 35 storeys. They will be of the highest quality and have units ranging from 1-4 bedrooms including some penthouses.
- The major attraction for the new development is the area it will be situated. Orchard Road is the heartbeat of the city and the shopping capital of Asia. It is a vibrant and dynamic neighbourhood that never sleeps and has everything you could ever need.
- You have everything you need, including the prestigious postcode. But you also have quick access to other important areas of Singapore such as the Business District with a number of mass rapid transit stations in walking distance.
- Finally, one of the most significant advantages of this exciting development is the developer Bukit Sembawang. They have over 50 years experience developing residential projects in and around Singapore in over 500 locations. They are exactly the kind of company many investors and homeowners are looking to have to manage their property investment.
Flexible 4 Types of Payment Schemes to suit your needs
|No. of Rooms
|1 Bedroom SHOWFLAT
|4 Bedroom (High Floor)
|4br Dual Key (Flexible layout plan for you to choose)
||Call to Inquiry
||Call to Inquiry